POPLAR BARK PANEL – A REGENERATIVE PRODUCT
No more than one in a thousand trees will yield an un-cracked sheet of bark large enough to become a continuous 3-D textured poplar bark panels. Harvested with environmentally friendly practices and attention to timing, using methods created exclusively at Bark House® – poplar bark is a reclaimed waste product of the logging industry. The Bark House® 5-point quality control protocol ensures precision in manufacturing. Application techniques should be followed precisely to make these poplar bark panels.
Due to limb scars, epicormic knots, growth stress, bird peck, and lightning scars, no two luxury poplar bark panels are ever alike. Textural variances give each sheet its own unique identity. The distinct coloUrs that flow from the north side to the south side of the bark also reveal the direction the tree faced throughout its lifetime. As an interior wall covering, the rich 3-D textured poplar wood wall covering panels are only matched by its acoustic and insulation values. There is no substitute for nature’s beauty in a living space.
Poplar Bark Wall Covering is the world’s first and only product to have achieved a Cradle to Cradle® Platinum Level Certification (2017 – 2018) Gold (2007 – 2017). The certification is wholistic and rigorous in scope with third party verification of material health, material reutilisation, renewable energy and carbon management, water stewardship, and social fairness.
These poplar wood wall covering panels are 100% sourced and made in the US. Bark House® invests over 50% of its income directly back into our local Appalachian economy.
DETAILS AND DIMENSIONS
- Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera)
- Interior, exterior
- Residential, commercial
- Traditional, modern, rustic
MODIFICATIONS THAT YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM
Call for details
- Sanded for interiors (with multiple paint or finish options)
- Laminated to multiple substrates (for interior or exterior use)
- Modified to meet stringent fire code standards
- May be vacuum laminated to various substrates for use as cabinetry inserts, stand-off wall mounts, or for exterior walls, if desired
POPLAR PANEL SPECIFICATIONS
- Premium: 2,38 – 3,49 cm
- Standard: 1,27 – 2,22 cm
Length: up to 3,05 m
Width: random, up to 1,70 m
- The deeply furrowed and rugged outer cork provides the same outdoor protection as our bark shingles while also exhibiting amazing interior acoustical benefits
- Flattened, kiln-dried, and precision squared
- Poplar Bark exterior longevity recorded at 80 years / maintenance free
- Precision squared for ease in installation
- Kiln dried and sterile
- ASTM E-84-05 Class B Fire Rated (results available upon request)
- Meets California VOC Emission Standards
- Reclaimed Forestry Waste Product