THE STRANDKORB – A UNIQUELY GERMAN BEACH CHAIR
Summer or winter, how about breakfast in a beach chair? Consciously do something different, buy fresh croissants, brew fresh coffee and spend breakfast protected from prying eyes by your beach chair. The light mesh in seashell is weatherproof and dyed through. The upholstery is completely removable and washable, so don’t worry about stains due to spilled coffee or jam.
The beach chair has 2 portholes and hand-woven, weatherproof braiding inside and outside. Here we show the braid made of 100% polyester in the shade of seashell. The braid is set twice and worked with a film as wind and rain protection in the middle. To avoid misunderstandings, beach chairs are not waterproof. Use a protective hood when it rains or remove all cushions from the beach chair. The protective hood matching your basket is available as an optional accessory.
Ordinarily, a Strandkorb is provided with interior fabrics, which are not removable and unfortunately tend to attract mould during the wet seasons. The deVries Group is the only provider of the PURE® STRANDKORB, these are both OUTSIDE and INSIDE braided and thus offer a special beach chair experience. An invisible screen – protective film between the inner and outer braiding – provides protection from wind and sand. The pillow cases can be removed completely. Thus the chances of mould forming on any part of the strandkorb is reduced to Zero.
With DE VRIES PURE®EXCLUSIVE series, you have an abundance of variations available. Select your favourite.
Details about the model SAILOR XL:
- Teak wood, rustic look
- 6 mm flat ribbon PE branded braid
- fully recyclable
- Braided body on both sides
- invisible wind protection – protective film between the inner and outer braiding
- without textile lining
- elaborately woven circular pattern
- two aluminium portholes in the upper basket
- Large angle of inclination, multiple adjustable for high lying comfort
- XL – extra wide and deep seat
- Stainless steel fittings all around
- extra long and height adjustable footrests with telescopic extension
- standard with a swivel cocktail table with snap lock
- Handle on the upper basket
- Upper basket with cleverly braided bezel
- Return spring
- Removable cushion
- Cushion cover with zipper, washable according to the label
- thickly padded and removable foot cushions
- height-adjustable and comfortable neck pillow
- two cuddle cushions with down filling
- removable awning
Better safe than sorry!
This beach basket has undergone a safety test by TÜV-Rhineland in accordance with DIN EN 581-1.
Only Indonesian timber from legal cultivation was used, which thus meets the conditions of the EU Timber Regulation. It’s so easy to protect the environment.
Oeko-Tex® stands for an independent pollutant test for healthy textile products of all kinds. All fabrics used for our pads and pillow trims are tested in an independent pollutant test according to The Oeko-Tex® standard.